- Himfed is signing an aggrement with Greefa, a Netherland based company for packing and grading of fruits and vegetables, as the sole distributer for its grading machines in Himachal Pradesh.. Greefa
- In a bid to provide employement opportunities to the youth,Himfed on 26/12/2011 appointed Business Facilitators in 32 panchyats of Una District as a pilot project.
- Himfed plans to extend its business base in the state and in near future it would not only diversify its activities but also penetrate deeper into the rural set up
- Himfed shall soon be supplying Water Purifiers to all the Govt. Educational Institutions, Health Institutions and Panchayat Bhawans
- In addition to the existing Petrol Pumps Himfed intends to set up the forth one in Theog.
- A Cold Storage with 2,000MT Capacity has been proposed at Tathera Village of Una District
The Himachal Pradesh State Cooperative Marketing And Consumer's Federation Ltd. an apex Cooperative Marketing Federation of Himachal Pradesh, popularly known as Himfed, has its Head Office at Shimla.
Himfed undertakes multifarious activities to serve the farming community and the consumers of the state by marketing of farm inputs, implements and produces and also distributes fertilizers, pesticides,insecticides, wheat, seed potato etc. It plays an important role in the development of Agriculture, industry, trade and commerce etc. in the state. The main function of Himfed is to implement the policies and programmes of the Government and to ensure the distribution, storage and procurement of fertilizer well in advance so as to prevent any scarcity of this essential commodity and to make it readily available in the State.